Women's Bureau of Sri Lanka
To become the National Institution which creates a generation of prudent, sensitive and faithful women for Sri Lankan Society.
To become the national mechanism operating for women's wellbeing in keeping with state policy through social and economic empowerment activated by well-planned provision of awareness through a proper organizational framework to create an environment conducive towards a generation of women" who encounter challenges with self-confidence by maximum and sound utilization of their wisdom and strength.
- Identifying, designing, implementing and evaluating programs suitable for economic and social empowerment of Sri Lankan women.
- Identifying exceptional qualities of women in all ranges of age and implementing programs to make them stakeholders of total development of the country.
- Implementing programs to overcome difficulties encountered by women for the sole reason of their femininity.
- Implementing special programs for women who face numerous difficulties due to particular social reasons.
- Implementing programs for up gradation of knowledge, skills and attitudes of the entire generation of women.
- Organizing women in a single network ranging from community-based level to national level to facilitate their smooth functioning in the same organization.
Research Officer (01), Counseling Officer (10), Development Officer (22), Women's Development Officer (338), Counseling Assistant /Officer 220, Relief Sister (124), Management Assistant (2), Library Assistant (01) , Office Assistant (4), Assistant Warden (01), Warden (01), Office Assistant in Counseling Center (08)
Women's Organizational Network
Women's Bureau of Sri Lanka conducts programmes under the key areas of empowering Women Headed Families economically and socially, preventing Gender-Based Violence and creating equality.